Headquarters is hiring!
June 7, 2019
Crisis Chat Program Coordinator
Start Date: July, 2018
Application closes 06/20/19
The ideal candidate will be comfortable outlining and planning all aspects of work related to developing a comprehensive crisis chat program, such as outlining best practices, training, timelines, evaluation, and team development and management. They will have strong communication skills that enable them to effectively communicate with all relevant teams. This individual should be able to foresee any problems related to the completion of a project and act in a timely manner to mitigate any issues.
- Coordinate staff and time management around chat services
- Engage with clients, utilize training to help manage crisis and find relevant resources
- Develop timelines, budget, teams and plan for given crisis chat project
- Ensure high quality work is produced thru close monitoring and ongoing training
- Anticipate and solve any problems related to the program
- Conduct performance reviews and evaluate program
- Facilitate communication between relevant staff, grant coordinators, and community services
- Master's Degree + Clinical Experience/Chat Experience + Crisis/Suicide Prevention Training + ASIST Certification
- Proficient in iCarol and willing to learn new platform
- Strong communication, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
To apply, email resume and cover letter to Kristin Vernon, Vice President of Clinical Programming.